If you’re struggling over the festive season, there is help available for you. Here’s a list of helplines that will be open on Christmas day and New Year's day if you need support:
- Talk to Frank: 0300 123 6600
- Alcoholics Anonymous webchat
- Narcotics Anonymous: 0300 999 1212
- Cocaine Anonymous: 0800 612 0225
- The Samaritans: 116 123
- Childline: 0800 1111
- If it's an emergency or you don't think you can keep yourself safe, please call 999 or go to A&E.
- If you or someone you know needs urgent care but it's not life-threatening, call 111. If you're in Wales call 0845 46 47.
We understand that this time of year can be difficult and emotional for some people.
If you’re worried about relapsing, there are a few things you can do to take care of yourself. Spend time with people who support you. Try to avoid triggers. Make use of the support available. Keep yourself busy. Make a list of positive things you’ve gained because of your recovery.
There’s more information about preventing relapse and what to do if you have one here.
If you're going through a difficult time, you might end up feeling low or run-down. The Five Ways to Wellbeing is a simple five-step plan for improving your mental and physical health and wellbeing. Some of it might seem obvious, but it works and lots of our staff swear by it.
- Connect - spend time with people who make you feel good
- Be active - exercise or even a short walk can help you feel better
- Keep learning - learning someting new can be a good way of taking your mind off anything negative
- Give to others - doing something nice for someone else can make you feel good too
- Be mindful - try to be in the moment and focus on what's happening with and around you right now
Read more about the 5 ways to wellbeing and find self-care tips here.
If you need support or want to speak to a service, you can search for your closest one below. They're free and confidential and everyone is welcome.
If you're already using one of our services, you can search for their contact information to find out things like opening hours over the festive season and prescription info.
Have you sorted your prescription for the festive season? No worries if not - we've got a checklist to help you out:
- Check your pharmacy's opening times
- Find out in advance how and when you'll be getting your prescription
- Speak to your keyworker to prepare a holiday prescription if you're going away
- If you haven't already got one, get a safe storage box for your medication. This is very important if you're having guests visit.
- Collect a naloxone kit from your service. It could save a life.