Get help and support right now
Help in a crisis
If it's an emergency or you don't think you can keep yourself safe, please call 999 or go to A&E.
If you need urgent help but you don't want or need to go to A&E, here are some options:
- Call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free, open 24/7)
- If you or someone you know needs urgent care but it's not life-threatening, call 111. If you're in Wales call 0845 46 47.
- Visit the NHS website and find crisis support services near you. Find services in Scotland here.
- If you already have a Crisis Line number, give them a call
- Contact your GP surgery and ask for an emergency appointment
- Click here to see the helpline numbers for Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and Cocaine Anonymous.
Please visit our coronavirus page to read advice for anyone who uses our services.
Organisations that can help
Talk to someone about whatever you’re going through and how you’re feeling, 24 hours a day. Confidential and free. 116 123.
Help and advice with a range of issues, including housing, legal, and debt advice. National adviceline open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Call 03444 111 444.
Help and advice about a wide range of issues, for anyone aged 18 or under. Open 24/7. Call 0800 1111.
Urgent help for young people is available on their website 24/7. For parents, call 0808 802 5544, Monday to Friday 9:30am – 4pm.
Support for people affected by domestic abuse. Helpline free, open 24/7. Call 0808 2000 0247.
Support and information for anyone affected by crime. Helpline free, open 24/7. Call 0808 168 9111.
Drugs and alcohol support
Support for anyone with an addiction to drugs. Helpline open 10am – midnight every day. Call 0300 999 1212.
Support for anyone struggling with a cocaine problem. Helpline open 10am - 10pm every day. Call 0800 612 0225.
Support for anyone with an addiction to alcohol. Helpline open 10am - 10pm every day. Call 0800 917 7650.
Support for families, friends and partners affected by someone else’s addiction to drugs or alcohol. Open 9am to 9pm, every day. Call 0300 888 3853.