Last updated: 3 April 2020
The way you get support from us will be different for a while, but we are still here. We’ll do everything we can to help you stay safe. Things are changing quickly, so keep checking this page, Facebook, Twitter, and our national coronavirus info page for updates.
You can call us on 0300 555 0101 or email [email protected].
If your worker isn’t available, please give us a call on the main service number. We’re answering calls between 09:30 and 16:30 on weekdays, with out-of-hours/weekend callbacks.
Updates to the service:
- Our service is running, but we have shifted to telephone-based support and appointments unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- We are still taking new referrals.
- Needle Exchange and Naloxone are available from all our hubs.
- To help you stay safe, we are changing the way we prescribe medication for a while. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening. If you have any questions about this, give us a call.
- Our groups won’t be running as usual for a while but we are starting to set up some online groups – please call the service for details. You can also access Breaking Free Online (call the service for an access code if you don’t already have a login) and find online groups and support options on our coronavirus info page.
This info is correct as of 3 April 2020. We know this is a difficult time, but it won’t be like this forever.