Last updated: 6 April 2020
The way you get support from us might be different for a while, but we are still here. We’ll do everything we can to help you stay safe. Things are changing quickly, so keep checking this page, our Twitter and our national Coronavirus information pages for updates.
If your keyworker isn’t available to speak to you, please give us a call on the main service number. We’re answering calls between 09:00 and 17:00. If you ring outside of those hours, please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Updates to the service:
- Our service is running, but we're doing appointments over the phone for now.
- We are still taking new referrals.
- Needle Exchange and Naloxone is available from all our hubs during open access hours: Mon 14:00 - 17:00, Tue to Fri 10:00 - 16:00.
- To help you stay safe, we are changing the way we prescribe medication for a while. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening. If you have any questions about this, give us a call.
- You can find more info and support on our alcohol advice page.
- Our groups won’t be running as usual for a while but we are starting to develop some online resources to support group work – please call the service for details. You can also access Breaking Free Online (call the service for an access code if you don’t already have a login) and find online groups and support options on our coronavirus info page.
This info is correct as of 6 April. The info below this section applies when the service is running normally. We know this is a difficult time, but it won’t be like this forever.
For now, the top of this page is where the most up to date info will be. If you have any questions or you're worried about something, please get in touch.
How we can help
We'll listen to you and your needs, and create a personalised care plan with you. We can meet you at various different locations across Birmingham.
There are lots of buses that stop close by the hub. The number 997, 5, 33, and 935 all stop nearby.
- Office 1, Patrick Drive
Great Barr B44 9ER
There is limited free parking available onsite.
You can make appointments at the times listed - please give us a call on 0121 227 5890.
- Monday10:30 - 18:30
- Tuesday09:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday09:00 - 17:00
- Thursday09:00 - 17:00
- Friday09:00 - 17:00
Drop in times are when you can visit the service without an appointment. We will see you in the order you arrive, so it's worth coming early.
- Monday14:00 - 18:00
- Tuesday10:00 - 12:00
- Wednesday10:00 - 12:00
- Thursday14:00 - 16:00
- Friday14:00 - 16:00
Phone number: 0121 227 5890
Fax: 0121 535 7027
Email: [email protected]
Follow us on social media to see what's happening in the service and the community.
Issues we can help you with
Support for others
It can be difficult to know how best to help someone close to you who misuses drugs and alcohol. We will support you to have a voice and play a positive role in supporting your loved one.Friends and family advice >
Your first visit
When you arrive there will be a friendly member of staff to greet you. If you're waiting for a group or appointment, you'll wait in our reception. There are places to sit and leaflets to read. If you'd like, you can bring a loved one for support.