Last updated: 7 July 2020
The way you get support from us might be different for a while, but we are still here. We’ll do everything we can to help you stay safe. If you're worried about something, please get in touch.
- To help you stay safe, we are changing the way we prescribe medication for a while. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening. If you have questions about your prescription please give us a call.
- If you ring when the service is closed, we'll return your call as soon as possible the next day.
- Both of our hubs are open 9:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Friday for needle exchange and naloxone.
- For now, appointments will be done over the phone, on Skype or on Zoom.
- We're working on hosting our groups online, including Foundations of Recovery. We'll be in touch when this is up and running.
How we can help
If you have concerns about your own drug or alcohol use, or someone else's, we will support you. We believe that anyone can change the direction of their life and our expert team is here to help you do just that.
We are next to Huddersfield Train Station, across from St George's Square.
- 12 Station Street
Huddersfield HD1 1LN
Limited on-street parking is available. It costs £1 for 45 minutes or £2 for 90 minutes.
- Monday 9:00 - 17:00
- Tuesday 9:00 - 20:00
- Wednesday 9:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 9:00 - 20:00
- Friday 9:00 - 17:00
If you have any questions or want to know more about the service, please do get in touch. Don't forget to follow us on social media to see what's happening at the service and in the community.
Phone: 01484 353333
Email: [email protected]
Your first visit
Our friendly team will be in reception to welcome you, and you may see our Service User Reps or Peer Mentors who are in recovery themselves. A team member will take you to a confidential room to find out more about you and what you are looking to achieve. We'll explain what happens next and answer any queries you have.
You can bring a family member or friend to support you if you feel this would help as well as any questions you have (it may be useful to write them down). We'll ask you for some personal details, check out our referral form for the kinds of questions we will ask.