The way you get support from us might be different for a while, but we are still here. We’ll do everything we can to help you stay safe. If you're worried about something, please get in touch.
- To help you stay safe, we are changing the way we prescribe medication for a while. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening. If you have questions about your prescription please give us a call.
- If you ring when the service is closed, we'll return your call as soon as possible the next day.
- Our Dewsbury hub is open 10:30 - 17:00 from Monday to Friday.
- For now, appointments will be done over the phone, on Skype or on Zoom.
- We're running lots of our groups online, and some face to face. Give us a call or speak to your worker and we can tell you more about them.
How we can help
We provide a range of treatment, recovery and support services for those who have concerns about their drug or alcohol use, as well as support and advice to family members and concerned others. We believe that anyone can change the direction of their life and our expert team is here to help you do just that.
Cross over the road in front of Dewsbury Train station, walk down the hill and we're on your right.
- 3 Wellington Street
Dewsbury WF13 1LY
There is limited on-street parking.
- Monday 9:00 - 17:00
- Tuesday 9:00 - 20:00
- Wednesday 9:00 - 20:00
- Thursday 9:00 - 17:00
- Friday 9:00 - 17:00
If you have any questions or want to know more about the service, please do get in touch. Don't forget to follow us on social media to see what's happening at the service and in the community.
Phone: 01484 353333
Email: [email protected]
If you'd like to refer yourself or someone else, please use the form below.
Don't forget to follow us on social media:
Your first visit
Our friendly team will be in reception to welcome you, and you may see our Service User Reps or Peer Mentors who are in recovery themselves. A team member will take you to a confidential room to find out more about you and what you are looking to achieve. We'll explain what happens next and answer any queries you have.
You can bring a family member or friend to support you if you feel this would help as well as any questions you have (it may be useful to write them down). We'll ask you for some personal details, check out our referral form for the kinds of questions we will ask.