#POW (Possibilities, Opportunities, Without taking risk) young people’s drug and alcohol service is a free and confidential service that works with young people and families around their, or their parent’s or carer’s substance use. We offer awareness courses on drugs and alcohol, and offer tailor made treatment to all those that are referred in to our service based on their needs or goals.
We understand that young people can be affected by their parent’s pr carer’s drug use, therefore we are here to support by providing an outreach service to these people. We can support the parent or carer in accessing our adult treatment, where they can receive the relevant support. We also offer family/parenting courses, such as Triple P and Webster Stratton, along with running the Freedom Programme for those affected by domestic violence.
We work as an outreach service - based at schools, youth offending and Nacro, along with home visits. Appointments in the community can also be arranged.
What we do and how we do it
We work with people up to the age of 18. Anyone over 18 can be seen in the community and can be assisted with the transition to our adult service, Aspire - Peterborough, if required. We work with people who use both drugs and alcohol within Peterborough.
- One-to-one support
- Group work programmes
- Housing support
- Help with finding further education and employment
- Support and treatment for those involved In the Criminal Justice System
- Specialist services for stimulants, NPS, cannabis and hallucinogenic substance misuse
- 1:1 appointments, counselling and pod/group sessions
Make an appointment
Most of our clients are referred via professionals or agencies, however you can self-refer by phone on 07500 827819 or 07780 495317.
We have referral forms we can send to agencies to refer a young person in to our service. Our email is Peterborough.YP@cgl.org.uk.
We also have Twitter and Facebook accounts for anyone interested in our service and wanting to enquire about referring.
Make a referral
Please click here to download our referral form (make sure you click the bottom link. You can also download the referral form via the side of this page.
Agencies can also call our adult service on 01733 895624, and a message will be passed across to our young people's team.
Can’t attend your appointment?
Please call us on 07500 827819, or 07780 495317. If a young person is with Youth Offending for instance, they can let their case manager know, who will pass on the message to us. You can text us too.
Other sources of local support
- Aspire out of hours freephone - 0800 111 4354
- Samaritans 24 hour free helpline - 116 123
- Lifeline free support help line (from 7pm – 11pm) - 0808 8082121
- Mind helpline - 0300 123 3393
- NHS freephone service for health advice - 111
- Bretton Medical Practice, out of hours number - 01733 264506
- Advice and Referral Centre, Mental Health Support / Advice Service, Mondays to Fridays 8am - 5pm - 01733 748777, out of hours Mondays to Fridays and out of hours Saturdays and Sundays 8am – 8pm - 0800 052 2252
- Nacro - 16 Lincoln Rd, Peterborough
- Youth Offending Service - 165a Cromwell Rd, Peterborough
- Sexual Health (iCash) - http://www.icash.nhs.uk/our-services/peterborough
If you feel that you may be at risk of hurting yourself, please dial 999.