Last updated: 1 September 2020
The way you get support from us might be different for a while, but we are still here. We’ll do everything we can to help you stay safe. Things are changing quickly, so keep checking this page, our Facebook page and our national Coronavirus info page for updates.
- We are sending prescriptions to pharmacies. We can still give out prescriptions face-to-face if it's needed. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening.
- Your appointment will still take place, but it will be over the phone. If you need a face-to-face appointment, please give us a ring.
- We’re sorry to say our groups aren’t going to be running for a while. You can access online group support options (including Mutual Aid) via our information pages and access Breaking Free Online with an access code from the service.
- We have a pharmacy needle exchange programme. Please ask a member of staff about this.
- If you need to make a referral, we're here to support you. Please get in touch with us about this.
- To make a referral for someone rough sleeping please ring 0161 945 8772 and ask for the Outreach Team.
Here are the dates, times and addresses for needle exchange:
- 43a Carnarvon Street, Manchester, M3 1EZ, 09:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Friday
- Bradnor Point, Bradnor Road, Sharston, M22 4TF, 09:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Friday
- Urban Village Medical Practice, Old Mill Street, Ancoats, M4 6EE, 09:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Wednesday
- Zion Centre, 9:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Wednesday
How we can help
We offer support to adults, young people, those in the criminal justice system and anyone looking to live a healthier and happier life.
- Bradnor Point, Bradnor Road
Sharston Industrial Estate
Wythenshawe M22 4TF
There is street parking available.
- Monday 9:00 - 17:00
- Tuesday 9:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday 9:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 9:00 - 17:00
- Friday 9:00 - 17:00
Phone: 0161 945 8772
Fax: 0161 998 1823
Email: [email protected]
Advice and support
We're committed to supporting you to achieve your goals.
You can meet people who are going through a similar thing to you at our groups.
Your first visit
When you arrive, you'll be welcomed by a member of our team. They'll explain the next steps to you and you can ask any questions you might have about the service. If possible, please could you bring up to date details about your GP. You're welcome to bring someone with you if you'd like.