JIGSAW - Nottingham
How we can help
We are a drug and alcohol service for people under 18. We also have specialist family support for children and adults impacted by substances.
Our aim is to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to identify and appropriately respond to risk associated with substance misuse.
You can expect to receive:
- A free welcoming service
- Access to advice and information
- Person-centred support that is suited to meet your individual need
- Opportunity to increase your knowledge around substances
Children and young people
Children and young people can be affected by drugs and alcohol in different ways. Some of the children and young we help are using drugs or alcohol themselves. Other children and young people we help are affected by other people’s drugs and alcohol use, usually by those in their immediate family. Whichever way you are affected, we want to help you with the challenges you are facing.
We will listen to you without judgment.
What we can support you with:
- Information and advice on specific drugs and alcohol and how to keep safe
- Support to make changes and improve our wellbeing
- Guide you on how to discuss what is going on with others around you
If you are worried about a loved one’s alcohol or drug use or are struggling to manage everyday life because of the effects of substance use on your family we are here to help.
What we can support you with:
- Support and a listening ear from someone who understands.
- Practical tools and skills to help improve your situation.
- Impacted group sessions to increase knowledge around substances.
- Peer support groups to meet others in similar situations.
How to make a referral
We welcome all referrals from yourself, young people, family, friends, and professionals. We will need the person’s consent if you are contacting on their behalf.
If a young person is under the age of 13, we will need consent from a parent.
You can download our referral form here. Once you've filled it in, please email it to [email protected].
You can also sign up to our mailing list here.
We are just off Talbot Street, a 5 minute walk from Nottingham city center.
- 2 Russell Place
Nottingham NG1 5HJ
The closest car park is NCP Mount Street, NG1 6HG. There is street parking on Wollaton St and Clarendon St.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Phone number: 0115 9484314
Email: [email protected]
Follow us on social media to see what's happening in the service and the community.
Training for professionals
We offer free training programmes which can be delivered to professionals in Nottingham City. Training packages can be tailored to meet identified service needs as well as specific training, these include:
- Substance-specific need.
- Impact of substance use on health and wellbeing.
- Highlighting dangers associated with substance use.
- How to respond to families and young people using substances.
- Hidden harm and impact support.