Last updated: 2 April 2020
The way you get support from us might be different for a while, but we are still here. We’ll do everything we can to help you stay safe. Things are changing quickly, so keep checking this page, our Facebook page and our national Coronavirus info page for updates.
You can contact us during normal hours on 0161 214 0770 or email us on [email protected]
- We are sending prescriptions to pharmacies. We can still give out prescriptions face-to-face if it's needed. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening.
- Your appointment will still take place, but it will be over the phone. If you need a face-to-face appointment, please give us a ring.
- If you need to make a referral, we're here to support you. Please get in touch with us about this.
- To make a referral for someone rough sleeping please ring 0161 214 0770 and ask for the Outreach Team.
- We’re sorry to say our groups aren’t going to be running for a while. You can access online group support options (including Mutual Aid) via our information pages and access Breaking Free Online with an access code from the service.
Needle exchange is available at these locations:
- 43a Carnarvon Street, Manchester, M3 1EZ, 09:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Friday
- Bradnor Point, Bradnor Road, Sharston, M22 4TF, 09:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Friday
- Urban Village Medical Practice, Old Mill Street, Ancoats, M4 6EE, 09:00 - 17:00 on Monday to Friday
The information in these bullet points is correct as of 2 April 2020. It might say something different further down this page, but that info is about when the service is running normally. We hope we’ll be back to that soon.
For now, the top of this page is where the most up to date info will be. If you have any questions or you're worried about something, please get in touch.