Southampton Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service (DARS)
Change, grow, live (CGL) delivers the adult Assessment, Review and Monitoring (ARM) element of the Southampton Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service.
This is part of a new open and inclusive integrated recovery based service provided in close partnership with:
What we do
We provide the open access single point of contact element of the service with a welcoming point of entry to treatment, assessment and a consistent care coordination role.
We work with service users on their recovery journeys and encourage community participation, ensuring our services are based on quality, timely interventions that provide what the individual needs and at the time that they need it.
By understanding and responding to individuals requirements we develop an approach that responds to local needs; enabling Southampton residents to access support in a wide range of locations and times to suit varying lifestyles and demands.
We aim to connect with people experiencing difficulties and their families, making entry to treatment and support as easy as possible. The service is for those aged 25 and over enabling service users and their families and carers access as easily as possible.
There’s lots to share with you about the new model for delivery of drug and alcohol treatment and recovery service in Southampton which includes:
- An open access service
- An outreach service
- A needle exchange
- Assessment and recovery planning
- Care coordination, review and monitoring throughout treatment
- Harm reduction advice and information
- Brief and psychosocial interventions
- Family and carer support
- Criminal justice liaison
- Referrals for treatment and/or structured interventions
- Housing advice and support
- Employment, training and education.
Please note this phone line is only available Monday - Friday.
- Monday: 9:30am – 4:40pm
- Tuesday: 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Thursday: 9:30am – 7:30pm
- Friday: 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Drop in: 9:30am – 12:20pm and 1:30pm – 3:30pm