Somerset Drug & Alcohol Service (SDAS) is an integrated drug and alcohol service offering support and treatment to adults and young people in Somerset.
SDAS comprises of three providers working in partnership to deliver one holistic treatment service. CGL delivers the contact and engagement part of the service.
What we do and how we do it
SDAS offers free, confidential advice and support to anyone whose life is being adversely affected by drug and/or alcohol use.
SDAS is a service for both young people and adults, available at numerous locations throughout Somerset including Bridgwater, Glastonbury, Frome, Taunton, Yeovil and Minehead.
- A range of interventions tailored to meet individuals needs and motivate clients to engage with recovery services at the earliest point
- Needle exchange and other harm reduction services
- Testing and vaccination for Blood Borne Virus
- Brief interventions
- Outreach to those who need it
- Group work
- Individual counselling, therapy and one-to-one work
- Assertive engagement and re-engagement
- Support for carers, family members or friends of someone affected by drug or alcohol use
- Substitute prescribing
- Access to detoxification and residential rehabilitation
- Signposting and referrals to other agencies
- 24 point of contact
- Dedicated housing-related support, including supported housing and housing advice
- Accredited Peer Mentoring scheme
Make an appointment
If you or someone you know in Somerset needs help with a drug or alcohol problem just call our local rate telephone number 0300 30 38 788 and a member of the team will be happy to help you.
You can also drop in to one of the SDAS hubs:
- Bridge House, 30 Taunton Road, Bridgwater, TA6 3LS
- The Old Library, 19 Northload Street, Glastonbury, BA6 9JJ
- Arch House, 12 Palmer Street, Frome, BA11 1DS
- Unity House, 10 Canon Street, Taunton, TA1 1SN
- Maltravers House, 3rd Floor, Petters Way, Yeovil, BA20 1SH
- Irnham Lodge Surgery, Townsend Road, Minehead, TA24 5RG
Make a referral
GPs and other professionals can make a referral by calling us on 0300 30 38 7 88 or by completing our referral form and emailing it to: Somerset.firstname.lastname@example.org. Referrals can also be faxed to: 01823 288238.
Can’t attend your appointment?
Please call us on 0300 30 38 788 so we can reschedule your appointment.
Other sources of local support
- Somerset Drug and Alcohol Partnership
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – 0845 769 7555, email@example.com
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) - 0300 999 1212
- SMART Recovery
- Citizens Advice Bureau - 03444 889623
- Somerset Talking Therapies - 0300 323 0033