CGL Waltham Forest is a free and confidential drug and alcohol service for adults aged 18+.
We support individuals from any background who use any kind of drug and/or alcohol and who want to recover or change. We work at all levels, from prevention and early engagement, through to recovery. We understand people may also be dealing with other issues and we offer a range of 'wrap around' services to support these. Service users are in control of their treatment and are supported to achieve their own recovery or change goals.
How to contact us
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help from the service or you’d just like to ask some questions. Feel free to bring someone with you on your first visit.
We are based at 1 Beulah Road, Walthamstow and 221 - 223 Chingford Mount Road, Chingford. You can call us on 0203 826 9600.
If you would like to refer yourself or someone else to the service you can use our online form or call or visit the service in person.
Refer someone else
- One-to-one key working
- Group programme
- Medical assessment for opiate substitute treatment and on-site prescribing
- One-to-one counselling
- Alcohol treatment including detoxification
- Support for parents and carers including counselling
- Advice and information
- Harm reduction including needle exchange, BBV testing and vaccination
Can’t make your appointment?
It’s really important that you let us know. Ideally please call us on 0203 826 9600.
What do our service users say about us?
"Thank you for being my sat nav on the road to a fuller, richer life. A new chapter of my life is starting now and I am grateful for your help."
Waltham Forest service user
Café Life Recovery Café
- Wednesday 11am - 3pm at The Cornerstone, 149 Canterbury Road, Leyton, E10 6EH. Including free Sewing and Mosaic classes
- Friday 1pm - 5pm at the Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, E17 9AH
Where can I go for further support?
- St Mungo’s Single Homeless Housing Support Hub: 0203 856 6085, Forest YMCA, Marsham Court, 640 Forest Road, Walthamstow E17 3DZ
- Citizens Advice Waltham Forest: 0300 330 1175, between 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm (Monday – Friday)
- AA: Sundays at 11am and 7pm, 1 Beulah Rd E17 9LG