If you are trying to reduce your own drinking or drug use, the following tips may help:
- Identify all the things that are associated with using the substance and try to avoid them
- Tell friends and family – get their support!
- Try to plan other things at the time of day you usually use
- Plan ways to say no if offered by friends
- Leave more time between using the substance, decreasing the amount you use
- Avoid buying more than you need
- Try to have substance-free days
- Think of all the money you will save!
Please seek medical support if you are experiencing physical withdrawal or using alcohol or drugs dependently.