We deliver training sessions around drugs and alcohol to professionals in Manchester throughout the year. The sessions are relevant to anyone who works with young people or would like to develop their knowledge around drugs, alcohol, safeguarding, and more. You can view and register for our sessions below.
Drug and Alcohol Awareness – Emerging Substances and Trends
This session provides a comprehensive overview on drugs and alcohol, as well as exploring emerging substances and trends around substance use in Manchester.
This session will cover a variety of different substances, local trends in Manchester, new emerging substances, the availability of substances with new technologies, and a comprehensive overview of the referral pathways for support.
These sessions are ideal for those wishing to learn more about substances, their effects, and what support is available. It is also a great opportunity as a refresher course for any professionals who have not had any drug or alcohol-specific training for a while.
- Substance specific information
- Local trends and new emerging substances
- Use of new technologies and how drugs are being sold
- Dangers and Risks
- Signs, symptoms, effects
- Our agency responses
- Allows for the opportunity to ask any questions
Hidden Harm – The Impact of Parental Substance Use
This session aims to raise awareness around the impact that substance misuse has on children in particular - but also on the whole family.
This session explores some of the dynamics and challenges practitioners are presented with when working with children and families living with substance use. It also provides advice and guidance for navigating through this sea of complexities.
- A close look at the impact drugs and alcohol can have on a family’s relationship
- How to speak and build professional relationships with a young person affected by someone else’s substance use
- Information on Foetal Alcohol Syndrome (FASD) and Alcohol Exposed Pregnancy (AEP), and how to spot potential signs in young people
- Information on Eclypse’s family service and the support we provide to young people and families across Manchester
County Lines Training
This session explores the ways in which young people can be exploited, focusing in particular on the increase in County Lines gangs.
In this session, we will explore the different ways in which young people can be groomed and exploited with a specific focus on child criminal exploitation and County Lines.
We will identify what this may look like in practice and agency responses to this – including local referral pathways.
- Information and structure of County Lines gangs
- Exploring appropriate responses to Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE) – County Lines are being addressed
Case studies looking at the signs and effects of exploitation and grooming
We also offer…
- Bespoke substance awareness sessions for young people (e.g school year groups, scout groups, etc)
- Support with policy development and safeguarding
- Drop-in advice clinics for students
- Signposting and onward referral
- Stalls and expo spaces (e.g. freshers events)