Pathways to Recovery within HMP Risley and HMP Thorn Cross is an integrated drug and alcohol treatment service providing a full range of treatment options to those affected by drug and alcohol use regardless of the substance in question mirroring all the services you would find in our community based service.
We offer a full spectrum of support from advice and information through to medical and psychological treatment and access to residential rehabilitation on release. Our service is confidential and our treatment tailored to meet the needs of the individual.
We ensure that our service users also benefit from access to a wide range of other agencies that can support them on their own personal journeys of recovery, and this includes support for family members or carers and those children affected by the substance misuse of others.
Open Access and Drop-in Service
We offer confidential advice and information to anyone affected by substance use.
Assessment and Referral
We carry out initial assessments that are the first stage in obtaining specialist drug treatment, whether this is specialist prescribing and detoxification, one-to-one and group work or residential rehabilitation. If specialist treatment is deemed suitable then a comprehensive assessment will be carried out and a care plan agreed with the service user. Our ethos is to treat the whole person so care plans will be drawn up covering a wide range of issues such as substance use, physical and mental wellbeing, housing, education and training, relationships and social support.
We currently offer:
- Specialist advice and information.
- Health promotion.
- Psychosocial and medical assessment.
- Testing for blood borne viruses.
- Vaccinations for Hepatitis B.
- Medical interventions including Methadone and Buprenorphine prescribing.
- Community detoxification.
- GP shared care.
- Action planning, care coordination and key work.
- Group work – including relapse prevention.
- Referral and assessment for residential rehabilitation and detoxification.
- Drug Interventions Programme, supporting substance users involved in the criminal justice system.
- Harm reduction and abstinence based treatment
- Life skills training.