Pathways to Recovery is a free and confidential drug and alcohol service for adults (including offenders), families and carers in Warrington.
Our recovery teams work across the Borough of Warrington. These include Doctors, Recovery Coordinators, Nurses, Recovery Champions, Peer mentors and Volunteers.
We operate an open access service, meaning 6 days a week you can just walk in and ask to see someone about your needs. What will follow is a one to one intervention with a recovery coordinator, who will assess your needs and agree a plan of action to meet those needs. Alternatively you can speak to your GP, your support worker, mental health practitioner or housing officer who can refer you to us. Following this referral we will contact you and agree a date for you to come in.
How to contact us
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help from the service or you’d just like to ask some questions. Feel free to bring someone with you on your first visit.
We are based at 14 - 16, Bold Street, Warrington as well as HMP Risley and HMP Thorn Cross. You can call us on 01925 415176 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If the service isn't open you can call 07919558644 - this is our single point of contact number.
If you would like to refer yourself or someone else to the service you can call, email or visit the service in person.
You can also complete our referral form in advance and either email it to us at or bring it with you when you visit the service.
Word referral form
PDF referral form
- Specialist advice and information around substance misuse, harm reduction and abstinence based treatment
- Syringe exchange
- Psychosocial and medical assessment
- Health screening including, testing for blood borne viruses and vaccinations for Hepatitis B
- Medical interventions including Methadone and Buprenorphine prescribing
- GP shared care
- Group work – including relapse prevention and Foundations of Recovery
- Referral and assessment for residential rehabilitation and detoxification and community detoxification
Pathways works with a number of partners:
- Footsteps 2000 Ltd – working with family members, carers and significant others affected by someone else’s substance misuse.
- Work company - providing access to employment, training and volunteering.
- Emerging Futures - providing Recovery Coaching and recovery in the community.
Can’t make your appointment?
It’s really important that you let us know. Ideally please call us on 01925 415176. You can also email to let us know on email@example.com.
What do our service users say about us?
"I am now 2 years 2 months clean. My journey has been with great gratitude to the help through pathways where I am now a Peer Mentor/Volunteer."
Ste - Pathways to Recovery Volunteer and former Service User
Please click here to see the timetable.
Where can I go for further support?
- YMCA - 01925 632771
- VTSS (Vulnerable Tenant Support Scheme) - 01925 592 800
- Refuge Warrington Independent Domestic Violence Abuse (IDVA) service - 01925 243359
- Housing Plus - independent housing advice and services including sanctuary scheme - 01925 246868
- The Samaritans of Warrington Halton and St Helens - 01925 235000