S2S can help you to map out your personal recovery journey. A Recovery worker can complete an assessment with you and refer you directly into the next Induction Group. From here your treatment could include:
- Access to specialist prescribing and medically assisted recovery for opiate misuse.
- Harm reduction information and access to needle exchange.
- Advice & information about different drugs, how they work and the effects.
- Access to mutual aid support with independent groups such as SMART Recovery, Cocaine Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Opportunities to become a peer mentor or volunteer, and to get involved with the S2S service users forum.
- Parent & Families support with the Family Support Link.
- Complimentary therapies via Bridge Substance Misuse Programme
- Specialist services for Stimulant and hallucinogenic substance misuse (separate non-opiate Induction, 1-2-1 appts, and pod/group sessions.
- Pod/group sessions (ie. New into Treatment, Stuck in Treatment, Using on Top, Foundations of Recovery, Health/BBV, Non-English pods).
- Peer led activities and key-skills (ie. Breakfast Club, cooking, coffee morning, IT suite).
- Referrals to other agencies and support networks to help build ‘recovery capital’.
What we do and how we do it
S2S is available to provide support for adults (over 18) with substance misuse issues within the Northamptonshire area.
Dedicated staff are available for anyone requiring support around their recovery. We offer support to the individual in sustaining recovery. Working with the individual, the recovery worker will offer information, advice and guidance, with links to the local community. Groups and activities are also available at S2S to assist service users in their recovery journey as well as links to mutual aid groups and longer term recovery support options.
S2S offers: one to one support, prescribing options, options around home detox or in patient detox, groups - structured and peer led, activities and key work sessions exploring strengths and resources that will support service users to achieve their chosen goals. S2S is available to provide support for adults (over 18) with substance misuse issues within the Northamptonshire area.
How to access our services
We encourage all new clients to call STAR’s confidential and free phone number: 0808 169 8512. STAR is a partnership between drug and alcohol services across Northamptonshire, providing support and advice, as well as access to the services listed below:
- Aquarius – Substance misuse training for professionals
- The Bridge Substance Misuse - Peer to peer club that offers a range of activities to aid recovery
- Family Support Link – Support for family members affected by another person’s substance misuse
- Northamptonshire Domestic Abuse Services – Support for victims of domestic abuse, as well as refuge accommodation
- NGAGE With Aquarius youth service – Drug and alcohol support for children and young people
- Substance to solution - Recovery focused treatment for adults.
Alternatively we operate an open access service from 10am – 3pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and from 12pm – 3pm on Wednesday. During these times you can walk into our service to complete a registration with the next available member of staff.
Make a referral
Professionals can contact us by phone or letter. We can also provide an S2S referral form which can be returned to us by post, fax, or email.
Can’t attend your appointment?
Telephone or drop into the service and speak to your key-worker. Explain the reasons for cancelling the appointment and reschedule the appointment if necessary. Please provide a current contact number if leaving a message.