Events & Night Time Economy
We work at events and within the night-time economy to support young people and young adults to stay aware, safe, and well. We have a range of support available which can vary depending on the type of event or environment. Our service is free, available to events with attendees aged 16 to 25 across Derbyshire and some of the surrounding areas.
What we do?
- Provide harm reduction information and advice.
- Provide basic welfare interventions (in collaboration with existing welfare or medical services).
- Give out safety resources (leaflets, spikeys, condoms).
- Work with community safety provisions to better support young people/young adults (such as police, fire and rescue, youth services).
- Provide a safe space/hub using our mobile unit.
- Offer support in accessing additional help for drug and alcohol issues if needed.
- Offer support in accessing other services, like wellbeing and sexual health.
- Help to attendees in getting home safely if feeling worried or vulnerable.
- Provide consultation and data collection about drug and alcohol use at events to better inform policies/procedures.
- Offer support with safeguarding issues for young people and vulnerable adults.
Safer Venues Scheme
We also work with venues such as bars and clubs to help make nights out safer for young people & young adults. We have a range of resources available that support not only young people & young adults, but also venue managers and staff, in working with challenging situations. These include:
- Free training for staff (about drugs, alcohol, welfare & safeguarding).
- Free DBS check for in-venue staff leading on customer safety.
- Support with supply/distribution of safety resources (e.g. anti-spiking).
- Policy development.
- Staffed ‘Pop-up’ safety zones for customers.
- Free consultation, such as a venue safety audit, with advice on how to make your venue safer.
- Marketing and promotion for your venue as a member of the 1625 Outreach Safer Venues Scheme.
Every time we have had the opportunity to collaborate we have found the team a pleasure to work alongside and look forward to continuing to develop our relationship.” Gemma Bennet, Director W.E.L.Safe CIC