Wize-Up - Thurrock
CGL Wize-up is a free and confidential drug and alcohol service for young people under 18 (including young offenders) and families in Thurrock.
We are a team of substance misuse specialists who won’t judge or tell you what to do. We’re here to listen and support you, and help you to make positive choices and changes. We also work with young people affected by parental/carer’s substance misuse. We are an outreach service, and we are more than happy to visit you wherever it is most convenient for you. We can meet you at your home, in school/college, at a local library or anywhere else that you feel comfortable.
How to contact us
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help from the service or you’d just like to ask some questions. Feel free to bring someone with you to your first session.
We are based at Unit 2, Thurrock Centre for Business, Grays, Essex. You can call us on 01375 376111 or email us on email@example.com.
If you would like to refer yourself or someone else to the service you can make a referral online, call us, email us, or visit the service in person.
If you would like to use a paper form, please click here to access our documents.
Drop in session at local college
- Free and confidential support to help you make informed decisions about your drug and/or alcohol use
- Support for young people affected by the hidden harm of parental substance misuse
- Advice and information for parents and carers
- Sexual health support including C-Cards
- Stop Smoking advice and support
- One to one sessions
- Access to counselling
- Talks, workshops and displays
- A gateway to other services
Can't make your appointment?
It’s really important that you let us know. Ideally please call us on 01375 376111. You can also email to let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training session for tutors at local college
What do our service users say about us?
"The service has helped me give up my habit. The workers are good, friendly easy to talk to and they don't make me feel patronized. Even if I am in a bad mood at the start of a meeting I feel better by the end."Wize-Up Service User
Where can I go for further support?
- Emotional wellbeing and mental health services - 0300 300 1600
- Open Door (counselling) - 01375 390040
- FRANK - 0300 123 6600
- Thurrock Sexual Health and Contraception Service - 0300 300 1717
Stay in touch
Click the buttons below to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.