Wakefield Young People's Drug & Alcohol Service is a free and confidential service for young people up to the age of 18, families, carers and affected others.
We are a confidential drug and alcohol service for young people aged between 10 and 18. We will not judge and we will not tell you what to do. We are here to listen and support you to make the positive changes that you want. We have a highly skilled team with many years’ experience supporting young people to live happier, healthier and safer lives. Our workers can also come to see you wherever is most convenient for you.
How to contact us
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help from the service or you would just like to ask some questions. Feel free to bring someone with you on your first visit.
We are based at Unity House, Westgate, Wakefield. You can call our Project Manager, Jeanette Owens, on 01924 831114 (ext: 218 or 219) or email WakefieldServiceReferral@cgl.org.uk.
If you would like to refer yourself or someone else to the service you can call, email or visit the service in person. If you are a professional, you must gain consent from the young person that you are referring.
You can also complete our referral form in advance and either email it to us at or bring it with you when you visit the service.
Word referral form
- One to one young person centred interventions
- Group sessions
- Bespoke group sessions specifically on cannabis, alcohol and New Psychoactive Substances
- Specialist training programmes for professionals
- Support for parents and families
Can’t make your appointment?
It’s really important that you let us know. Ideally please call us on 01924 831114. You can also let us know by emailing WakefieldServiceReferral@cgl.org.uk.
What do our service users say about us?
"The best thing about working with the service is that I can just talk without people judging me"
Wakefield Young People's Service service user - young person
"After the session, I see my son motivated, confident and he seems to be thinking with a long-term vision"
Wakefield Young People's Service service user - parent
Where can I go for further support?
- Childline – national website and confidential helpline - 0800 1111
- Talk to frank – national drugs advice website and helpline – 0800 123 6600
- Missing people – for children and young people who run away and their families - phone or text 116 000
- Samaritans – confidential 24 hour helpline - 116 123
- Kooth – free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.
- For urgent medical concerns call 111.
Keep in touch
Click the buttons below to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.