Speak Out! is a free and confidential advocacy and support service for children and young people in East Sussex.
We support children and young people who are in care, care leavers, or engage with other East Sussex Children’s Services.
Independent Advocates support children and young people:
- to have their views, wishes and feelings listened to and taken into account
- to influence decisions made about them
- who are looked after in residential care with regular visits to residential units in East Sussex
- to make a complaint about services they are receiving
- visit children and young people who are looked after by East Sussex County Council on a monthly basis, offering the support of a trusted adult
- offer fun activities away from their placement
How to contact us
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you or someone else is interested in accessing the service or you’d just like to ask some questions.
You can call us on 0300 303 9649 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (secure email).
Independent Visiting service
You can call us on 0300 303 9649 or email us on east.sussexIV@sova.org.uk or east.sussexIV@sova.cjsm.net (secure email).
We accept referrals from children, young people and professionals. If you are a professional please ensure that the child or young person has consented to the referral.
Click here for more information on our secure referral process.
- Independent Advocacy, supporting you to make a complaint about the service you are receiving from profressionals, speak up in meetings and reviews, and to have your wishes and feelings heard and taken into account
- Independent Visitors supporting young people in care with monthly visits and fun activities, with no 'agenda'
- Support that is completely independent from Social Worker teams and other East Sussex professionals
- Support at your home, in your placement, at one of our community venues, or at another safe place
- Non-judgmental support and advice from a safe, trained, experienced and independent professional
Can’t make your appointment?
It’s really important that you let us know. Please call us on 0300 303 9649.
Where can I go for further support?