Our clinical services have expanded rapidly over the past few years and continue to grow. We currently employ over 170 clinicians across our services. We offer a competitive salary package, exciting opportunities for professional development and research, and close support from your supervisors and colleagues.
Why join the clinical team at CGL?
- We provide a host of learning interactions to support Doctors and Nurses with their development and in achieving their required CPD levels.
- We pride ourselves on being a learning organisation; this is very evident within our clinical arm where nurses are given free access to their own Nursing Times account and encouraged to attend a range of classroom and blended learning interventions that have a focus on clinical practice within a substance misuse setting.
- Our doctors receive weekly protected CPD with a monthly CPD programme as part of our regional meeting structure.
- We fully support our doctors with the appraisal and revalidation process in accordance with the GMC and NHS regulatory framework.
- We provide extensive clinical training inlcuding connection to training universities.
- Our staff have a clear career path with the opportunity to be promoted up through the organisation.
We have a wide variety of different clinical roles available. Our roles for doctors include:
- Specialty Doctor Specialist
- Addiction Doctor
Our psychiatrist roles include:
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Consultant Addiction Psychiatrist
Our nursing roles include:
- Health and Wellbeing Nurse
- Alcohol Assessment and Detoxification Nurse
- Health and Wellbeing and Alcohol Hospital Liaison Nurse
- Dual Diagnoses Nurse
We asked the Regional Lead Consultants what it's like working for CGL, and here's what they said:
“There’s a fantastic atmosphere in CGL services – relaxed and low stress while still achieving a high standard of performance”
“The clinical team at CGL is consultant led and we really deliver”
“I feel valued at CGL – I feel empowered”
“I like the lack of hierarchy. There’s a sense of shared ownership and integration”
“I definitely feel that my stress levels are lower at CGL”
“You are working among highly qualified addiction specialists. These people are leading experts”
“I feel that I have the ability to influence outcomes – a sense that I can make a difference”
“There is a significant amount of peer support at CGL, and support with decision making”
Apply or get in touch
We are always open to approaches from doctors and nurses suitably qualified and experienced in addictions and substance misuse who are interested in working with us.
Whether you’re looking to gain experience in a new field, or you already work in addiction and would like the opportunity to lead a full clinical team, we would love to hear from you. We offer a competitive benefits package and the chance to work with colleagues who are equally passionate about what they do.
* Financial year April 2014 - March 2015
** Data accurate on 25/04/16