Get help for yourself
If alcohol or drug use is affecting your health, happiness or wellbeing - we can help.
Want to understand more about your drinking or drug use levels? Click here to take our self-assessment quiz.
At change, grow, live (CGL), our focus is always on you, and how we can best support you to reach your goals and live the life you want, free from the negative effects of alcohol or drugs.
All our services are, of course, free to use and confidential. Why not pay your local service a visit for a tour of our facilities and to have an informal chat about how we can support you and your family on your recovery journey?
We can also support family, carers and other loved ones who may be affected by someone else’s substance misuse.
Have you been bereaved through a loved one’s drug or alcohol use? Click here to find out more about the BEAD project in London.
The support you receive at a CGL service could include:
- Regular appointments with a dedicated recovery worker
- One-to-one counselling
- Group counselling
- Peer mentoring by people with personal experience of the issues you’re facing
- Foundations of Recovery (a non-religious twelve-step programme)
- Breaking Free Online (an online support tool for your recovery journey)
- Support with housing
- Support to get into education or training
- Needle exchange
- Testing for blood-borne viruses like HIV and hepatitis
- Help to access other sources of support, like Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous etc.
- Other holistic treatments and services
Accessing our services
You can arrange an appointment with all of our services directly – just search for your local service. Many of our services also offer times when you can drop in without an appointment, and offer flexible opening hours so you can fit support around your lifestyle. Alternatively, you can ask your GP or another healthcare professional to refer you to your local service.
Preparing for your first appointment with us
If it’s your first time accessing treatment services it might feel a little daunting, but our friendly staff will put you at ease. On arrival at the service, you’ll be greeted by one of our expert recovery workers, who will work with you to explore the level of support you need and your preferred treatment options. There will be time to consider your individual and family needs, and look at the support available both within the service, and the wider community in which you live.
Depending on the service, you’ll either have one dedicated recovery worker, or a small team of two to three workers, to ensure consistency and help build a trusting, supportive relationship. Together, you will agree a personalised plan of care that fits around your lifestyle.
Helpful items to bring with you:
- A list of any current medication you’re on
- Your GPs details, if you have them
Don’t worry if you don’t have these items, or if you forget them – we will still be very happy to see you.
- Get help for yourselfExpand this menu
- Get help for someone you knowExpand this menu
- Drug and alcohol informationExpand this menu
- Moving to CGLExpand this menu
- Real stories