Change Grow Live (CGL) started delivering the Southampton Brief Intervention and Counselling Service in Southampton from 1 October 2012.
Working from a central office and several sites around the city we provide a range of support and advice services to people in order to reduce the harm caused by alcohol.
What we do
Southampton residents can access a range of services according to their needs including:
- Assessment and appropriate ongoing support
- Access to advice and information
- Access to brief and extended brief interventions to support people to address their alcohol use
- Signposting to relevant self-help resources and local agencies
- Access to one-to-one and telephone support
- Online support services and resources
- Recovery workshops/groups
- Peer support groups
- Therapeutic counselling services
- Targeted outreach services
- Peer mentoring and volunteering opportunities
- Health promotion activities
All of the services that we deliver promote service user choice and involvement.
If you have been advised that you need support related to alcohol use or you would like to access support contact us by
A preliminary service timetable is attached at the bottom of this page. Opening times will be updated as the service develops.
Our main site is within easy reach of the city centre, railway and bus stations.
We will also work from several peripatetic sites around the city, these will be confirmed as they open.