This is a prison social care service for adult offenders aged 18+ in the London Borough of Greenwich.
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of personal care and support to all eligible patients within HMP Belmarsh, HMP ISIS and HMP Thameside.
We have a team of experienced social care staff, assisted by a team of trained Care and Support Orderlies (existing prisoners) to help patients address their wider health and wellbeing needs. Prisoners within the Greenwich cluster can self-refer to the service. A full assessment will then be carried out by the Royal Borough of Greenwich (RBG), who will provide a support plan to any eligible prisoner. The CGL Greenwich Prisons Social Care team also provides resettlement support to trained orderlies as well as patients when transferred or released.
How to contact us
If you would like to find out more about the service you can call us on 02083314816 or email Dawn.Stevens@cgl.org.uk.
Referrals are only accepted for prisoners within HMP Belmarsh, HMP ISIS or HMP Thameside (Greenwich prison cluster).
If you would like to refer someone to the service, you can speak to a member of the team in person, call us on 02083314816 or email Dawn.Stevens@cgl.org.uk.
- Support plans via Greenwich Council for all eligible patients
- Personal care and support delivered by a team of dedicated social care staff
- Trained Care & Support Orderlies
- Health & wellbeing planning
- Support & resources for patients to improve overall quality of life and build patient resilience
- Response to request for care with very little notice
- Service User involvement and feedback; providing comment boxes, social care support groups, patient participation voice meetings, visible and accessible Care and Support Orderlies
- Transfer or release and resettlement support
Where can I go for further information?