The Camden Safer Streets Team is a street outreach team commissioned by the London Borough of Camden to end street homelessness and reduce street based anti-social behaviour.
We work with:
- People who are rough sleeping
- Anyone who uses drugs or drinks alcohol on the streets
- People who beg for money
- People involved in street-based prostitution.
For more information about our service, blogs and updates please visit the Camden Safer Streets Team website.
What we do:
SST runs an outreach service which receives information from the public and local services and goes out onto the street to meet and support people who are sleeping rough and those who have been identified as being involved in anti social street activity such as begging, street drinking, public drug use, street based prostitution and related activities.
Once we have made contact, depending on people’s circumstances we can then:
- Move rough sleepers into accommodation
- Support people who have become street homeless in Camden, who originate from elsewhere, to return home in a planned and supported way
- Help drug and alcohol users to access treatment
- Support people with mental as well as physical health problems to get the medical help they need
- Stop anti-social behaviour on the streets of Camden through partnership work with Camden Council and the police alongside other enforcement agencies
- Support people to exit street based prostitution.
We also have a number of specialist workers who work closely with local hostels and supported housing units to support their clients to maintain accommodation, avoid eviction to the street and reduce street activity.
Get in touch
If you want to arrange to meet an SST worker, make a referral or let us know you can't make your appointment please contact the duty worker on 0808 8000 005 or send an email to SSTDuty@cgl.org.uk.
Other sources of local support
For information on other related local services please see partners section of the Camden Safer Streets Team website