We are Building Better Opportunities, and we're aiming to help people gain confidence to move towards and enter education, training or employment.
We can help if you are:
- 16 years & over
- Criminal background
- Socially Isolated
- Unemployed or economically inactive
- Have complex needs/multiple barriers
- Require support to fully and independently engage in existing services
- You are a legal resident in the UK & can receive paid employment
- You are based in these locations: Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, and Staffordshire Moorlands.
Here's an outline of the programme we offer:
- Pre-employment and ongoing motivational work
- Support to overcome barriers to employment
- Support to attend appointments
- Support to sustain employment
- Group Work - Provision of tailored group work
- Access to CERTA accreditation for Service Users
How to contact us
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help from the service or you’d just like to ask some questions.
You can call 07920 536348 or email Andrea.Payne@cgl.org.uk to arrange an appointment and discuss how we can help you.
All of our appointments take place in the community, for example in a coffee shop or the local library.
We have specialised staff to deal with young people in custody (16 – 21 years of age), Care Leavers in custody and those clients who typically receive short custodial sentences, often due to their chaotic lifestyles. We also have a dedicated team of volunteers who work with young people (16+) and adults in a range of Midlands Prisons and Probation Offices.
We have social hubs around the area that take place weekly and last for two hours. This is an opportunity to gain confidence in the community and meet new people.
Working with Genius, we offer 1-2-1 personal coaching, cognitive therapy and a 4-day work-based course.
- Young people
Training we offer:
- First aid
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
Can’t make your appointment?
It’s really important that you let us know. Ideally please call us on 07920 536348 or email Andrea.Payne@cgl.org.uk.
What do our service users say about us?
“They are great!”
Mentoring service user