2014: Driving Innovation and Delivering Excellence
We held our third annual conference, Driving Innovation and Delivering Excellence, on 9th June 2014 in London, and I would like to thank the 320 delegates for their attendance, participation and feedback. According to the comments we received, it was an “interesting and stimulating day”, and:
- 95% rated the conference and workshops excellent or good
- 93% thought the content of the presentations was relevant
The presentations and photos from the day are now available to view, so please take a look.
We look forward to seeing you next year.
9.00 Welcome and introduction: Prof. Oscar D'Agnone and Dr Tim Millar
9.15 New Challenges in Clinical Practice
- Update on Novel Psychoactive Substances: Prof. Fabrizio Schifano
- Medicinal marijuana - the Canadian journey: Dr Nady el_Guebaly
10.15 Drug Treatment and the Criminal Justice System
- Substance use, healthcare and the justice system – commissioning integrated pathways: Kate Davies OBE
- Diversion, misuse and trafficking of methadone and buprenorphine – Impact on recovery: Prof. Hannu Alho
11.15 Coffee break
11.45 Drug Situation in Europe
- The challenge of monitoring the contemporary drug situation in Europe – new drugs and new approaches: Paul Griffiths
14.00 Innovation in alcohol treatment
- Widening the options for managing alcohol dependence: Dr. Iain Smith
- Alcohol treatment in the community: Stacey Smith, Bronagh Williams
15.00 Coffee break
15.30 Integrating health and social care: The role of the third sector – CGL, Addaction and Turning Point views: Prof. Oscar D’Agnone, Dr Kostas Agath, Dr Gordon Morse
16.30 Joint programme: University of Manchester, CRI and ISAM
16.45 Closing address: David Biddle, CRI Chief Executive, Prof. Oscar D'Agnone, Dr Tim Millar
Parallel workshop sessions ran throughout the day.