New trends in addiction and innovations in treatment
CRI and the University of Manchester's 4th National Conference on Drugs and Alcohol: New trends in addiction and innovations in treatment took place on Monday 8th June 2015 at the Victoria Park Plaza, London.
This conference was the result of an educational partnership between the University of Manchester and CRI and was co-chaired by Prof. Oscar D'Agnone and Dr Tim Millar.
Once again NHS and third sector treatment providers, commissioners, and clinicians came together to explore key topics related to addiction, wellbeing, alcohol-related disorders and integrated health and social care.
|Download the New Trends in Addiction and Innovations in Treatment conference brochure|
|Download the New Trends in Addiction and Innovations in Treamtent workshop schedule|
Plenary sessions covered topics including:
- PHE Commissioning of drug and alcohol services
- Raising concerns and safeguarding
- Opiate-related deaths and OPD
- Specialist addiction training for the third sector
Parallel workshops ran throughout the day.
- Professor Oscar D'Agnone - Medical Director, CRI
- Dr Tim Millar, Senior Research Fellow/Deputy Director, Institute of Brain, Behaviour and Mental Health, University of Manchester
- Dr Kostas Agath, Addaction
- Dr Gordon Morse, Turning Point
- Dr Alex Baldacchino, University of Dundee
- Dr Edward Day, National Addiction Centre
- Professor Jonathan Chick, Castle Craig Hospital
- Sue Smith, CRI
- Dr Kim Holt, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Patients First
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Victoria Park Plaza
239 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1EQ
Sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant from: