What we offer
We'll help you break down your barriers and become more confident when going into work, education, training, or volunteering.
If you need it, we will help you with the training or re-training you need to work in the area you want to. We'll listen to your needs and help you reach your personal goals.
We help people gain confidence for education, training, or employment through personal coaching and support.
How we'll help you
- We'll work with you to develop your employability skills. This could be through volunteer placements, interview skills, CV writing or developing your digital skills.
- You'll be able to join community activities like clubs and group meetings with other people in similar situations.
- Our support is person-centered and needs-based. This means we'll listen to what you want and you can be yourself without any judgment.
- We'll help you develop a positive mindset and work on your confidence and self-esteem.
- We can also support with child care.
- 16 years & over
- Criminal background (current or historic)
- Socially isolated
- Unemployed or economically inactive
- Have complex needs and/or multiple barriers
- Require support to fully and independently engage in existing services
Types of training we offer
- FLT (forklift license – reach and counterbalance)
- Asbestos awareness
- Working at heights
- Gas engineer
- Plumbing courses
- Sign Language
This project is co-funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. The Connecting Choices programme is managed by Ixion Holdings, part of Shaw Trust. We believe in fairness, equality, and opportunity, and helping to build a future where rewarding employment is accessible for all.