Our service users
We work with people who want to change their lives for the better and achieve positive and life-affirming goals.
We believe that everyone has the right to lead the best life they can. Our accessible services empower people to improve their health and wellbeing and take control of the direction of their lives.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Substance misuse
- Children and young people’s services
- Family services
- Accommodation & homelessness
- Clinical services
- Criminal justice
We always listen to our service users and review our outcomes to constantly develop and improve what we do.
- Focus – we focus on the service user as the way to achieve positive change for the individual and community at large.
- Empowerment - allows service users and employees to reach their full potential and achieve their ambitions.
- Social justice - a shared commitment as individuals and as an organisation.
- Respect - for each person we engage, without reservation or judgement.
- Passion – being driven by innovation and determination – to bring about the safest, healthiest outcomes for individuals and communities.
- Vocation - means our work is more than just a job.
We combine a charitable ethos with sound business principles. Our rigorous approach means we are financially stable and operate efficiently to achieve a good return on investment for commissioners. We also aim to create added value by establishing sustainable local services, training peer mentors to support others, setting-up social enterprises and supporting people into education or employment.
Everything we do is underpinned by robust governance processes and we meet and exceed all quality and safety standards. Our business systems guarantee the quality of our services and the stability of our organisation but do not frustrate the creativity and innovation of our staff or prevent us caring passionately about what we do.
Our staff work in integrated teams of health and social care professionals, peer mentors, volunteers and service user representatives to offer service users options tailored to their specific needs. Teams share ideas and inspire each other to do the best they possibly can for every person who needs our support.
We provide an organisational framework that enables our staff to work to the best of their abilities, with excellent training opportunities and inspirational managers who live and breathe the values of our organisation.
Our staff care passionately about the people they empower and demonstrate our organisational values in every aspect of their working lives. They are ambitious about the outcomes our service users can achieve and persistent in their efforts to help everyone make positive changes. They work with us because they want to be happy in their jobs and to make a real difference.
We are known for our effectiveness and are proud to be judged by our results. Our staff are really successful at bringing about positive change and frequently achieve much better results than similar services from other providers.
- 83% of families that left our family services last year had a positive outcome.
- In our four mental health services, 95% of clients had a positive completion or were transferred for further treatment last year.
- Last year, eight out of ten young people leaving structured treatment had overcome their substance misuse.
- Fewer people returned to services for additional support after leaving (31% better than the national average).