Richmond Integrated Recovery Service
Change, grow, live (CGL), in partnership with South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust and Intuitive Recovery provide the Richmond Integrated Recovery Service (RIRS) - the substance misuse treatment service for adults with drug and alcohol problems in Richmond upon Thames.
Our service helps people to make and sustain the changes they need to reduce and, ultimately, stop their drug and alcohol use.
Based in Twickenham, RIRS provides a range of services all under one roof. These include recovery and specialist clinical services:
- mentor support
Specialist clinical services
- needle exchange
- blood borne virus vaccination and testing
- health and wellbeing
- clinics and community
- detoxification and support
What we do
We work with adults aged 18 and over who live within the borough of Richmond Upon Thames and who experience problematic alcohol or substance misuse issues.
We work with individuals to support them to achieve their recovery goals.
We work in partnership with other statutory and non-statutory services to ensure people are signposted to external agencies to ensure all their needs are met, both in regards to substance misuse and additional needs.
Services we provide include:
- full recovery assessment
- pharmacological interventions
- access to detox, both community and inpatient
- assessment and referral for residential rehab
- groups and workshops
- alcohol specific groups
- mentor skills training
- life skills
- gender specific support
- mutual aid/peer support groups
- complimentary therapies such as auricular acupuncture
- activity sessions such as Yoga and gym
- aftercare planning
- recovery support
- education, training and employment
- volunteering opportunities
Make an appointment
You can contact the service by telephone, text or email to find out more, or to make a referral.
Alternatively, you can drop in to the service at 94 Holly Road, Twickenham, and see one of our recovery engagement workers who will take your details and/or arrange an assessment appointment.
Make a referral
We accept referrals from external partner agencies, including GP’s, housing providers, support services and self referrals.
For professional referrals please use the referral form. For self referrals please contact the service by telephone, text, email, or visit in person.
Can't attend your appointment?
If you are unable to attend your appointment please contact the service to let us know, and to arrange an alternative appointment.
Other sources of local support
- Richmond CMHT Crisis-line - 0800 028 8000
- Richmond Out of hours Social Services team - 020 8744 2442.
- NHS non-emergency number - 111
- Samaritans - 116 123 (this number is free to call)
- Twickenham Citizen's Advice Bureau - 0844 826 9700
Unit 2 Ilex House, is just behind King Street and is 5 minutes walk from Twickenham railway station.
We do not have free parking facilities but there is a public car park (Holly Road) next to the project and there are a number of car parks within 5-10 minutes walk of the project.
- Monday 9am - 8pm DROP IN: 10am - 12 noon and 5pm - 7pm
- Tuesday 9am - 5pm (Counselling appointments until 8pm)
- Wednesday 9am - 5pm DROP IN 1pm - 3pm
- Thursday 9am - 5pm
- Friday 9am - 5pm DROP IN: 1pm - 3pm
If you are unable to make an appointment within these times we do offer a flexible service and if you contact us out of these hours a member of RIRS will get back to you the next working day.