CGL Islington is a community recovery service delivered with the support of Whittington Health NHS Trust. Together we are committed to supporting individuals affected by substance misuse to overcome their dependence, stay safe and healthy, and work towards recovery.
We offer a range of services to meet the needs of our service users and those interested in making positive changes in their lives. If you are interested in finding out about how we can help you or someone you care about, then please pop in and see us or give us a call.
The service can be accessed by coming to see us at our premises on Seven Sisters Road – our drop-in times are on the right hand side of this page - or contacting us by phone or email. We welcome referrals from professionals.
What we do
Our treatment and support options include:
- fast access to medically assisted recovery for a range of substances: substitute prescribing, stabilisation and reduction programmes; clinical staff, doctors and nurses are available on site to assess your needs
- a range of healthcare services including general health advice, vaccinations, health screening and wound care.
- dedicated one-to-one support from trained keyworkers
- interesting and engaging groups on a range of topics (e.g. cocaine, crack, cannabis and a women’s group)
- SMART Recovery Support Group on site and access to other self-help groups such as NA, AA and CA in the area
- specialist advice and practical support in finding your way around housing and benefits agencies, issues and paperwork
- washing facilities and shower, full laundry facilities - available whenever the building is open
- Complementary Therapies on an appointment and drop-in basis - group and individual treatment e.g. Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Indian Head Massage and Craniosacral Therapy
- Counselling: the ISIS project can offer free short to medium term counselling interventions around a number of issues
- Needle Exchange: we carry a full range of injecting equipment, provide advice around safer injecting techniques and reducing risks and facilitate on-site disposal of used works in our discreet, confidential service.
Please contact us for further information or feel free to visit us - details appear on the right of the page.
We look forward to meeting you.
Drop In/Open Access
- Mon 10.30am – 5pm
- Tuesday 2pm – 5pm
- Wednesday 10.30am – 5pm
- Thursday 2pm - 5pm and 6-8pm
- Friday 10.30am – 5pm
We run an evening drop-in clinic for people having difficulties with club drugs or other recreational drug/alcohol use on a Wednesday 6-8pm at our other building in Angel (332c Goswell Road, London EC1V 7LQ)